Saturday, 6 May 2017

Don't Call Me Psycho....

Am I crazy? Maybe a little, but that's okay, name me someone who isn't just a tiny bit crazy? a little "Crazy" is good in life....



Am I a psychopath? Not even in the slightest.





Here, right below. is the definition of what a psychopath is....

"a person with a psychopathic personality, which manifests as amoral and antisocial behavior, lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships, extreme egocentricity, failure to learn from experience, etc." 

Bearing that in mind, do I or any other person who suffers from a mental illness deserve to be called a psychopath, unless we truly fit that definition? No, we don't.

I suffer from a mental illness, high functioning anxiety to be exact and I'm very open about this. I don't try and make it a secret or a taboo topic, because mental illness isn't a taboo.

However, being labelled as a psychopath when you aren't, only makes the stigma and taboo around mental illness all the worse.

To be gas lighted into thinking that you are a problem, just because someone doesn't understand, is absolutely wrong. Too many people deem it acceptable to label someone as a psychopath just because they don't understand.

Just because I suffer from a mental illness, does not mean that I automatically fit the definition of a psychopath and I refuse to be told any differently. Unless you are a medical professional, you are in no position to diagnose me with anything, It's just that simple and in fact, this doesn't just apply to me, this applies to anyone. Just because someone suffers from a mental illness doesn't make them a "psycho"and I'm tired of hearing comments that otherwise.

Being called a psychopath or a "psycho" hurts, especially when you are already struggling, you feel like you're drowning inside of your own head, swimming in feelings that to some extent, you can't control. So to hear the words "calm down psycho" or "don't go psycho" when you already feel low, makes you second guess yourself and think that things are worse than they are. You begin to feel even lower and panic even more. It's not nice, its not friendly and it certainly is not acceptable.

So, in my parting words to you, my dear readers, think twice about labelling people and think twice before calling someone a "psycho" you may not think that it will have a big impact on someone, but trust me, it will. If you suffer from a mental illness, don't let anyone call you a psychopath, because I can almost 100% guarantee that you aren't. Rise above it, you're worth more than that.

As always, thank you for reading!

Until next time!

Beth xx








2 comments:

Don't Call Me Psycho....

Am I crazy? Maybe a little, but that's okay, name me someone who isn't just a tiny bit crazy? a little "Crazy" is good in life....



Am I a psychopath? Not even in the slightest.





Here, right below. is the definition of what a psychopath is....

"a person with a psychopathic personality, which manifests as amoral and antisocial behavior, lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships, extreme egocentricity, failure to learn from experience, etc." 

Bearing that in mind, do I or any other person who suffers from a mental illness deserve to be called a psychopath, unless we truly fit that definition? No, we don't.

I suffer from a mental illness, high functioning anxiety to be exact and I'm very open about this. I don't try and make it a secret or a taboo topic, because mental illness isn't a taboo.

However, being labelled as a psychopath when you aren't, only makes the stigma and taboo around mental illness all the worse.

To be gas lighted into thinking that you are a problem, just because someone doesn't understand, is absolutely wrong. Too many people deem it acceptable to label someone as a psychopath just because they don't understand.

Just because I suffer from a mental illness, does not mean that I automatically fit the definition of a psychopath and I refuse to be told any differently. Unless you are a medical professional, you are in no position to diagnose me with anything, It's just that simple and in fact, this doesn't just apply to me, this applies to anyone. Just because someone suffers from a mental illness doesn't make them a "psycho"and I'm tired of hearing comments that otherwise.

Being called a psychopath or a "psycho" hurts, especially when you are already struggling, you feel like you're drowning inside of your own head, swimming in feelings that to some extent, you can't control. So to hear the words "calm down psycho" or "don't go psycho" when you already feel low, makes you second guess yourself and think that things are worse than they are. You begin to feel even lower and panic even more. It's not nice, its not friendly and it certainly is not acceptable.

So, in my parting words to you, my dear readers, think twice about labelling people and think twice before calling someone a "psycho" you may not think that it will have a big impact on someone, but trust me, it will. If you suffer from a mental illness, don't let anyone call you a psychopath, because I can almost 100% guarantee that you aren't. Rise above it, you're worth more than that.

As always, thank you for reading!

Until next time!

Beth xx








Share This Article:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

2 comments :